This gluten free french toast bake is SO good…you would never know it’s GF!
My hubby started cutting gluten out of his diet a couple of years ago. He has felt SO much better and has seen so many positive improvements to his health! While no one in our family is completely intolerant, we have really tried to incorporate more gluten free options into all of our diets. Some switches have not been that big of a deal….while other GF products we’ve tried have been TERRIBLE. I’d rather just skip eating kind of terrible….
This Trader Joe’s gluten free cinnamon raisin bread has been one of the big winners! It is soft, not crumbly like some GF breads, and tastes great. Prior to cutting gluten, I used to make THIS breakfast bake all the time using croissants. I decided to try the same method using this bread we love so much and it was a winner!!
3/4 of a loaf of Trader Joe’s Gluten Free cinnamon raisin bread
2 cups of milk
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon cinnamon
zest from 1-2 oranges
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking pan with non-stick spray.
Tear your bread into small pieces and put it in your pan.
Whisk eggs, milk and cream. Add cinnamon and zest.
Pour your liquid mixture over your bread in the pan. Make sure all pieces of bread are coated. I usually use my hands.
If you are making this ahead of time, you can cover it and put it in the fridge overnight or stick it in the oven.
Cook for 40-50 minutes, or until golden brown and eggs have set.
Remove from the oven, cut into squares and top with fruit and/or maple syrup!
This gluten free french toast bake really is delicious and perfect for a crowd!
Trader Joe's Gluten Free French Toast Bake
- 3/4 loaf Trader Joe's Gluten Free Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 oranges zest only
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Tear your bread into small pieces and put it in your pan.
- Whisk eggs, milk, and cream. Add cinnamon and zest of your oranges.
- Pour liquid mixture over your bread in the pan. Make sure all pieces of bread are coated. Feel free to use your hands.
- If you are making ahead of time, you can cover it and put it in the fridge overnight. If making immediately, stick it in the oven and cook 40-50 minutes, or until golden brown and eggs have set.
- Remove from oven, cut into squares and top with fruit and/or maple syrup.
For more breakfast ideas, be sure to check out:
This avocado breakfast bake HERE.
These gluten free sheet pan pancakes HERE.
Sharing is caring! Feel free to pin this recipe: