My boys thought making this banana sushi was SO fun!
This is really more of an activity than a recipe, and a bit of a messy one at that, but sometimes it’s worth the mess! Feel free to mix and match your sticky and crunchy ingredients to whatever your family likes. My boys likes coming up with their own combinations!
Bananas, peeled and cut in half so they are easier to hold.
Sticky toppings-You can really use whatever your family likes! We used peanut butter, Trader Joe’s cookie butter and chocolate syrup. You could also use honey, frosting, almond butter, nutella…..anything that is sticky so your crunchy toppings will stay!
Crunchy toppings-Again, you can use whatever your family likes here! This time we used rice krispies, coconut, and sprinkles. Crushed nuts, mini chocolate chips, toffee chips…the skies the limit.
Spread the sticky topping of your choice on your banana.
Roll your banana in the crunchy topping of your choice.
Set your banana aside or set it in the fridge or freezer before cutting. Doing this makes them less messy, but requires patience…which sometimes we don’t have!
Slice your banana into rounds so they resemble pieces of sushi.
Enjoy your banana sushi using chopsticks or your fingers!
- Bananas cut in half
- Sticky Toppings- peanut butter, cookie butter, chocolate syrup, almond butter, icing, etc.-whatever your family likes
- Crunchy Toppings- rice krispies, coconut, sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, chopped peanuts, toffee chips, etc.-whatever your family likes
- Spread the sticky topping of your choice on your banana.
- Roll the banana in the crunchy topping of your choice.
- Set your banana aside or set it in the fridge or freezer before cutting. This makes them less messy, but requires patience...which sometimes we don't have.
- Slice your bananas into rounds so that they resemble pieces of sushi.
- Enjoy your banana sushi using chopsticks or your fingers!
More Kid-Friendly Recipes:
For more kid-friendly recipes, be sure to check out these posts below:
Three Ingredient Cheerio Treats
Find this recipe HERE.
Find the recipe HERE
Mini S’mores Pies
Find the recipe HERE
Sharing is Caring: