Last night we made these chicken taquitos in the air fryer, and they were a hit!
For this recipe, you will need 2-3 cups of shredded chicken. I started by making this in the slow cooker. You could also grab a rotisserie chicken or this would be a great use of leftover chicken from another meal!
I made green chicken this time….1-2 cups of green salsa over 1-2 lbs of chicken breast in the slow cooker for 3-4 hours on high. It gives the chicken a little more flavor, but if you think your family won’t like the green salsa, just use water or chicken stock.
I am trying to use my air fryer more and in turn, share more air fryer recipes here! It is a fairly large appliance, and I need to be using it more! It really is SO easy and great for making healthier versions of some of our favorite dishes!
You can find my air fryer on sale HERE.
2-3 cups of shredded chicken
4 oz of cream cheese, softened or at room temperature
1/2 cup salsa of your choice
1 cup of the cheese of your choice (cheddar, Mexican blend, etc.)
1 teaspoon chili powder
12 mini tortillas-we used corn
Non-stick cooking spray
Salsa, guacamole, sour cream, queso, or whatever your family likes for dipping/toppings!
You can find my pico de gallo and guacamole recipes HERE.
Mix chicken, cheeses, salsa and chili powder in a bowl.
Lay 12 tortillas out flat and divide your mixture into the tortillas. Wrap them tightly.
Spray the inside of your air fryer with non-stick cooking spray. Place taquitos inside in a single layer. Air fry for 12-14 minutes at 400 degrees.
Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
- Air Fryer
- 2-3 cups shredded chicken
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice cheddar, Mexican blend, etc.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup salsa
- non-stick cooking spray
- 12 mini tortillas-flour or corn
- salsa, guac, pico, queso, sour cream or whatever your family likes for toppings
- Mix chicken, cheeses, salsa and chili powder in a bowl.
- Lay tortillas out flat and divide your mixture into the tortillas. Wrap them tightly.
- Spray the inside of your air fryer with non-stick spray. Place taquitos inside in a single layer.
- Air fry for 12-14 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Top with guacamole, sour cream, queso, or toppings of your choice!
I hope your family enjoys these air fryer chicken taquitos!
If you like pico de gallo or gaucamole as a taquito topping…
find my easy recipes HERE.