I’m excited to share these simple peppermint chocolate chunk cookies with you today…just in time for the holidays!
Christmas cookies are a must, so I’m excited to be joining some talented ladies in sharing Christmas cookie recipes! If you came here from Emily’s blog, The Handmade Farmhouse, welcome! I want to make her molasses cookies with my boys sometime soon! Sharing these recipes feels like a virtual cookie exchange, and 2020 is definitely the year for all things virtual, so let’s get to it!!
The cookies I’m sharing today incorporate chocolate and peppermint, two flavors that make me think of Christmas! These would be the perfect treat to leave for Santa!
Gluten free option: I have not seen them in our stores yet, but Oreo is coming out with a gluten free version! As soon as I find them, I’m making these cookies using gluten free oreos and a gluten free white cake mix, so that my hubby that avoids gluten can have some too!
1 box of white cake mix
8 tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup Oreo cookie chunks
3/4 cup of Peppermint crunch pieces, we used this one
You can also find peppermint crunch here
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
Combine the cake mix, butter, egg, extracts, and cream cheese. Mix well.
Stir in Oreo chunks, peppermint crunch pieces, and chocolate chip pieces gently.
Refridgerate the dough for at least 30 minutes. It should not stick yo your hands when you roll it.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Scoop or roll the dough into balls. Bake on a cookie sheet for 10 minutes, being careful to not over bake them.
The cookies will be soft and look like they are not finished baking. Let them rest on the hot cookie sheet for 3-4 minutes before the removing them and placing them on parchment paper or a cooling rack.
Peppermint Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 box white cake mix
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup Oreo cookie chunks
- 3/4 cup peppermint crunch pieces
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Combine the cake mix, butter, egg, extracts, and cream cheese. Mix well.
- Stir in Oreo chunks, peppermint crunch pieces, and chocolate chip pieces gently.
- Refridgerate the dough for at least 30 minutes. It should not stick to your hands when you roll it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop or roll the dough into balls. Bake on a cookie sheet for 10 minutes, being careful to not overbake them.
- Cookies may look soft and not ready, but let them rest on the hot cookie sheet 2-3 more minutes before setting them on parchment paper or a cooling rack.
And to participate in the rest of this holiday cookie exchange, be sure to check out everyone’s cookie recipe below! I big thanks to Jen, Midwest Life and Style Blog, for putting this together!!
Holiday Cookie Exchange Blog Hop
Just click on the links below the images to be taken to their post.
Sharing is caring! Feel free to pin the image below: