I’m all for easy weeknight meals, and these Tex Mex Nachos are just that!
Nacho average dinner…..
I like bad jokes almost as much as easy meals! These nachos require just 5 ingredients that I grabbed from Trader Joe’s, although you can easily mix these up with whatever your family likes and add salsa, queso or guacamole for dipping!
Lining your baking sheet with aluminum foil makes cleanup a breeze and sometimes we skip the plates and just eat these straight off the pan!
Tex Mex Nachos Ingredients:
Trader Joe’s Pollo Asado or Carne Asada (chicken or beef)- This is already seasoned!
Trader Joe’s Roasted Corn or the Mexican Style Roasted Corn in the frozen food section
Trader Joe’s Pepper trio (Melange a Trois) or fire roasted bell peppers and onions, both are in the frozen food section
Shredded cheese(s) of your choice
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside. Find great baking sheets HERE.
Cut your chicken or beef into bite-sized pieces and cook on the stovetop until cooked throughout. I actually prefer the carne asade and polloo asada cooked on the grill when the weather is warmer, in which case you would cut the bite sized pieces after the fact, but it’s too cold for that right now!
Cook your corn and peppers on the stovetop or in the microwave per the package directions.
Cover your baking sheet with a single layer of tortilla chips. Sprinkle a layer of cheese. Then add the meat, corn and peppers. Sprinkle a final layer of cheese.
Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted. All items are already cooked, you are just melting it all together!
Take out of the oven and eat hot. Feel free to add salsa, queso or guacamole for dipping!
These Tex Mex nachos are a simple weeknight meal everyone will love!
Trader Joe's Tex Mex Nachos
- Baking sheet lined with aluminum foil
- Trader Joe's Carne Asada or Pollo Asado
- Trader Joe's Roasted Corn or Mexican Style Roasted Corn in the frozen food section
- Trader Joe's Melange a Trois (pepper trio) or Fire Roasted Bell Peppers and Onions in the frozen food section
- Cheese of your choice
- Tortilla Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Cut your beef or chicken into bite sized pieces and cook on the stovetop until cooked throughout OR grill outside if weather permits and cut into bite sized pieces after.
- Cook your corn and peppers on the stovetop or in the microwave per the package instructions.
- Cover your baking sheet with a single layer or tortilla chips. Sprinkle a layer of cheese. Then add the meat, corn, and peppers. Sprinkle a final layer of cheese.
- Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Take out of the oven and eat while hot. Feel free to add salsa, queso or guacamole for dipping!
And if you like simple Trader Joe’s meals, be sure to check out these ideas below:
Ten Trader Joe’s Simple Supper Recipes
Find them HERE.